Hi, I’m Heather, and I’m the head planner, organizer, and educator of our family of Adventure Learners. Along for the ride with me are my hubbie, my two pre-teen boys, and our puppy Pixie. When we aren’t traveling we love to get out and find adventure and learning in everyday life. Our family motto is “Adventures are the best way to learn!”
While we’ve been out adventuring as a family for many years, I finally decided to start sharing our adventures because the world is changing, the way we educate our children is changing, and I want to help all families discover fun and exciting new ways to learn. I want to help you find adventure in everyday life, with a good dose of learning along the way!
I’m really good at planning trips, meal planning, finding fun things to do in our area or when we are traveling, and also at being the “calming one” when things get too crazy in our household.
I’ve been homeschooling my boys for 6 years now and I’m always looking for and finding fun new ways to learn. Homeschooling does give us the advantage of being able to travel on our own schedule and to find more alternative learning adventures, but I hope to be able to help all families, homeschoolers or “traditional schoolers.” Because learning should never be confined to four walls, no matter who you are!
While we have considered buying an RV and hitting the road that way, we decided that for now car and hotel travel is the way to go. An RV is a big investment that we aren’t ready to make, and I know a lot of other families feel that way too. But sometimes it seems like the only people traveling the country as a family has an RV, so we are also here to help you see how you can have simple travel adventures with just a car and hotel or campground reservations!
Here are a few fun facts about me just to help you get to know me a little better!
- I get up earlier than everyone else in my house to enjoy my coffee and alone time.
- I love spending time outdoors, I just don’t want to sleep there.
- In high school I was in the marching band Color Guard, and I still can’t help but stop and watch when I see bands practicing.
- My favorite color is purple and bunnies are my spirit animal 🙂
- I’m an introvert and I absolutely hate talking on the phone.
- We live in the desert and I desperately miss seasons.
- I played flute for a big part of my childhood and as an adult I realized I missed musical performance so now I play in a handbell choir.
- I went bungee jumping in my 20’s hoping to cure my fear of heights. It didn’t work.
- I worked for two startup companies early in my career as a web designer. They both failed.
- My love language is acts of service, so anyone that wants to come clean my house will instantly be my best friend 🙂
I’m excited you’re here and I’d love to hear from you. Better yet, I hope to meet you on the road one day!