Hi! We’re the Morks — Jason, Heather and boys (plus a cute puppy!) — and our family motto is “Adventures are the best way to learn!”
We love finding learning opportunities and adventures in every day life, and our superpower is finding fun things to do that other families
probably don’t think about! Our family would love to help your family find similar adventures, and discover all that you can learn along the way.
As Arizona-based explorers, a lot of our adventures take place in our home state, but we also love road trips and exploring nearby states. Especially during our crazy hot summers!
While we have considered buying an RV and hitting the road that way, we decided that for now car and hotel travel is the way to go. An RV is a big investment that we aren’t ready to make, and I know a lot of other families feel that way too. But sometimes it seems like the only people traveling the country as a family has an RV, so we are also here to help you see how you can have simple travel adventures with just a car and hotel or campground reservations!
Here are a few fun facts about our family just to help you get to know us a little better!
- We love hiking and try to get out on the trails every weekend when it’s not too hot.
- Geocaching is one of our favorite family hobbies.
- Our boys are 10 and 13 and love Minecraft, Roblox, Lego, coding, Scouts, and karate.
- My husband grew up in Minnesota and I grew up in Michigan, so we make it a point to find snow for our kids every winter.
- Once a month we travel an hour round-trip to go to one of our favorite restaurants.
- We have been homeschooling for over 6 years, before it was cool 😉
- The Mandolorian is currently our favorite show and it’s so hard to wait for the next season!
- Our boys love to camp and as parents we support that and take them camping, but we don’t love it. Comfortable beds and running water are more our style 🙂
- Legoland is our happy place and our dream is to be able to visit every Legoland in the world.
- We are currently working on the #1000hoursoutside challenge!
We’re excited you’re here and we’d love to hear from you. Follow us on Instagram to keep up with our adventures! Better yet, we hope to meet you and your family on the road one day!